This easy 3-step homemade cheese pizza recipe is the perfect crowd-pleaser and will soon become a firm favorite in your home.
In this article, we share the elements that go into making a great homemade cheese pizza, the ingredients and steps to making one, and then a few ideas for toppings, should you want to elevate your pizza to Gourmet status!
If you’re into homemade cheesy recipes, take a look at our post about The Best Grilled Cheese Recipe.
What goes into a homemade cheese pizza?
There are 5 key components that you’ll need to make a homemade cheese pizza:
- Dough: A good pizza starts with a good dough. The dough should be light and airy with a crispy crust that is neither too thick nor too thin. The dough should be allowed to rise correctly in the refrigerator or at room temperature to achieve the perfect texture.
- Sauce: The tomato sauce is a critical component of the pizza, and choosing a high-quality tomato sauce with a balanced flavor is essential. The sauce should not be too sweet or acidic and should be applied sparingly to avoid making the pizza soggy.
- Cheese: Cheese is perhaps the most important ingredient in a cheese pizza. Mozzarella is the classic choice for pizza, but other cheeses, such as Cheddar or Provolone, can also be used. The cheese should be grated fresh and spread evenly over the pizza to ensure every bite has a cheesy goodness.
- Toppings: Toppings are a matter of personal preference, but the key is to use fresh, high-quality ingredients.
- Seasonings: A great homemade cheese pizza is incomplete without some seasonings to enhance the flavors. A drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt, and a dash of dried oregano or basil can add delicious flavor to your pizza.
How to make homemade cheese pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness and shape on a lightly floured surface. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving about 1/2 inch of space around the edges; sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce, and then sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza, and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake the pizza in the preheated oven (450°F (230°C) for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Topping ideas for homemade cheese pizza
If you want to use your cheese pizza as a foundation, here are a few ideas for additional toppings:
- Caramelized onions, our Sweet Fire Goat Cheese, pistachios, and arugula
- Glacier Wildfire Blue Cheese, Streb Meats Fresh Cut Smoked Bacon, and torn fresh basil
- Parmesan, roasted red bell peppers, and anchovies
- Artichokes, roasted oyster mushrooms, and Gruyere
Wrapping it up
We hope this post inspires you to make your own homemade cheese pizza! All the cheeses mentioned in this post are available on our Cheese Products Page.
The Best Grilled Cheese Recipe
Grilled cheese is a beloved classic comfort food for many people around the world, and there are many reasons why it has earned such a devoted following. One reason is that it is incredibly easy and quick to make, requiring only a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation. It’s a dish that can be made at home, in a dorm room, or even on a camping trip with just a few basic supplies.
Grilled cheese sandwiches evoke a sense of nostalgia and comfort for many people. Childhood memories of after-school snacks, mom’s grilled cheese, and lazy Sunday mornings can all be associated with this classic sandwich. As such, it has a special place in many people’s hearts and can bring about feelings of warmth and contentment.
What goes into the perfect grilled cheese?
The perfect grilled cheese sandwich is a combination of several elements that come together to create a harmonious and delicious flavor and texture profile. The following are some key components that go into making the best grilled cheese:
- Bread: The bread used, should be sturdy enough to hold the filling without falling apart or getting too soggy. Many people prefer a bread with a crispy crust and a soft interior, such as sourdough or French bread.
- Cheese: The type of cheese used is a matter of personal preference, but it should be a variety that melts well and has a rich flavor. Cheddar, Gouda, Swiss, and provolone are all popular choices.
- Butter: The butter used for grilling the sandwich should be unsalted and at room temperature so that it spreads easily onto the bread. Some people also like to use mayonnaise or olive oil for a different flavor.
- Temperature: The heat of the skillet or griddle should be medium-low so that the sandwich has time to cook evenly without burning.
- Cooking Time: The sandwich should be cooked for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the cheese is fully melted and the bread is golden brown and crispy.
- Additional ingredients: While a classic grilled cheese is simply bread and cheese, some people like to add extras like bacon, tomato, avocado, or caramelized onions for a unique twist.
- Cheese Melting Techniques: To achieve the perfect melt, grating the cheese rather than slicing it can deliver a more even and quicker melt.
Steps to making the best grilled cheese
Making the perfect grilled cheese sandwich involves several key steps that come together to create a delicious and satisfying meal. Here’s how to do it right:
- Buttering the bread: The first step in making a grilled cheese sandwich is to butter the bread. Take two slices of bread and spread a generous amount of unsalted butter on one side of each slice. This will help the bread to toast and become golden brown while also adding a rich, buttery flavor to the sandwich.
- Cheese selection and preparation: The type of cheese used is a matter of personal preference, but it should be a variety that melts well and has a rich flavor. Grate or slice the cheese and evenly distribute it over one of the buttered slices of bread. If you are adding any additional ingredients, now is the time to layer them on top of the cheese.
- Grilling the sandwich: Place the other slice of bread on top of the cheese and press down gently to create a sandwich. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-low heat and place the sandwich onto the surface. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the cheese is fully melted and the bread is golden brown and crispy. To ensure even cooking, you can press down on the sandwich gently with a spatula while it is cooking.
- Additional ingredients or variations: While a classic grilled cheese is simply bread and cheese, you can add a variety of additional ingredients or variations to create a unique and flavorful sandwich. Some popular options include adding cooked bacon, sliced tomato, avocado, caramelized onions, or a sprinkle of herbs or spices.
Pro Tips To The Perfect Grilled Cheese
Grilling the perfect grilled cheese sandwich is all about getting the right temperature, timing, and cheese melting techniques. The following are some tips for achieving grilled cheese success:
- Temperature: To ensure that the sandwich cooks evenly and does not burn, it’s important to cook it over medium-low heat. This will give the bread enough time to toast and become golden brown without burning. If the heat is too high, the bread will burn before the cheese has had a chance to melt.
- Time: The cooking time for a grilled cheese sandwich should be 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the cheese is fully melted and the bread is golden brown and crispy. It’s important not to rush the cooking process by turning up the heat or flipping the sandwich too often. This can result in uneven cooking and a sandwich that is not fully melted or toasted.
- Cheese melting techniques: To achieve the perfect melt, many people prefer to grate their cheese rather than slicing it. This allows the cheese to melt more evenly and quickly. Another technique is to cover the skillet or griddle with a lid while the sandwich is cooking. This traps the heat and helps the cheese to melt more quickly and evenly.
- Experiment with Cheese Varieties: While cheddar cheese is a classic choice for a grilled cheese sandwich, there are countless other cheese varieties to try. Some popular options include Gouda, Swiss, provolone, mozzarella, or a combination of different cheeses. Each type of cheese will bring its own unique flavor and texture to the sandwich.
- Add Crunch with Ingredients: If you want to add a crunchy texture to your grilled cheese sandwich, try adding ingredients like bacon, crispy onions, or thinly sliced apples. These ingredients will add a satisfying crunch and extra flavor to the sandwich.
Wrapping it up
A grilled cheese sandwich is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed for generations. With the right ingredients and techniques, it’s easy to create a perfectly toasted and melted sandwich that is satisfying and delicious.
By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can create a grilled cheese sandwich that is sure to please any cheese lover.
Whether you prefer a classic grilled cheese or like to experiment with different cheeses and ingredients, these tips will help you achieve grilled cheese greatness. So, go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you!
Did you know that you can bake cheese? It’s a delicious way to eat our favorite food, especially at this time of year when we’re waiting for spring to arrive. We’ve put together 5 great baked cheese recipes. Read on to find out which cheeses bake best.
Camembert is a surface-ripened cow’s milk cheese. It’s soft and creamy, with a pungent aroma. You’ll normally buy it in a wooden box. Start by unwrapping the cheese and making sure that any stickers have been removed. Replace it into its box. Make several cuts in the top of the cheese and add some garlic cloves and rosemary. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is gooey.
Serve with baguettes and crudites for everyone to dip in the melted goodness!
Whilst you can serve raclette cheese at the table using a tabletop grill, you can also easily bake it in the oven. Simply put your cheese into a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and any flavorings that you want to add such as herbs, garlic or spices. Bake it at 400F for around 8 minutes or until it is golden and bubbling. Serve it with a fruity white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc for a real treat.
You might not have thought to bake feta before, but it’s delicious! One of the simplest ways to bake it is to place the whole block of feta on a baking sheet, drizzle over 1tbsp of olive oil and the juice of a lemon, along with 1 crushed garlic clove and 1tsp oregano. Grind some black pepper on the top and put it in the oven at 400F for 5 minutes. It will start to brown at the edges, but no more as then it will dry out. You can serve this mixed into pasta or over roasted vegetables such as zucchinis, tomatoes, and peppers.
4. Goat’s Cheese
Goat’s cheese with a rind bakes very well as it melts slightly while retaining it’s lovely, creamy texture. Try baking it in the oven at 400F for 5 minutes. Serve it on a salad of bitter leaves, tomatoes, and olives with a lemony dressing. A light white wine, such as a Pinot Grigio, would work well with this dish.
5. Blue Cheese
Did you know that you can bake blue cheese? Place a good wedge of cheese in a baking tray, using a knife to make a few holes around the cheese. Pop it in the oven at 400F for 10 to 15 minutes. This will create a melted blue cheese dip, perfect for slathering onto bread or pouring over a salad. You could even use it as a dip for chips!
Have you tried baking cheese? Let us know which of our baked cheese recipes is your favorite in the comments below.
After our recipe for great pizza, we decided to show you different ways to use cheese as a pizza topping. Whilst you might always put the same cheese on your pizza, there are so many different ones to try. You can combine them with other toppings to create endless possibilities.
It’s the absolute classic pizza topping. Serve mozzarella simply with tomato sauce and fresh basil. Make sure that you grate it evenly to create the delicious, cheesy effect. If you want to create a really special pizza, drizzle pesto over the top and add some arugula after baking.
Gruyère originated in the Alpine region between Switzerland and France in the eleventh century. Pop gruyère cheese on a pizza with ham and garlic. It’s like the croque monsieur of pizza toppings! You could even try gruyère on a white pizza, using bechamel or a creamy garlic sauce instead of tomato. If you haven’t tried this before then we urge you to give it a go. It works especially well with green vegetables like spinach and asparagus. You could even go Florentine style and add an egg on top!
Blue cheese is a perfect salty pizza topping. Pair it with bacon or red onions for an exciting pairing. Our Danish blue cheese would also be delicious with other cheeses too. Find your perfect four cheese pizza and let us know what it is in the comments. This is certainly a grown-up pizza idea, so serve it with a bold glass of red wine.
Try our super hot ghost pepper cheese to add an extra kick to your pizza. Try it with fresh chilies and pepperoni if you’re feeling spicy. You could cool it down with some vegetables or a sour cream dressing. You could even try adding ground beef with spices to create a taco flavored pizza!
Manchego is a Spanish sheep’s milk cheese with a rich, tangy taste. Try it as a pizza topping with olives or sundried tomatoes. Add lots of herbs for extra flavor – try oregano, rosemary or basil.
Lucerne Cheese has a light and smooth flavor, but is low in sodium and fat. We recommend pairing it with your favorite vegetables. You might not always think of putting vegetables on a pizza but it’s a great option and a way to create a fresher pizza than the average toppings. Our favorites are peppers, courgettes and sweetcorn. You can even try something more unusual like roasted eggplant, artichokes or broccoli.
Next time you have a pizza party, make your own dough, put out some unusual cheeses, and you are sure to impress your guests. Even if you’re not having a party – this is sure to make for a fun Friday night in!
We hope that you have enjoyed these pizza topping ideas and that you’ll love trying something new. Let us know what you’ve tried in the comments.
If you love cheese as much as we do, then you’re probably already eating it at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But have you tried cheese desserts? Read on to find out how you can add cheese to every course of your meal for delicious fun.
This is the classic. When you saw ‘cheese desserts’ your mind probably went straight to cheesecake. It’s a classic for a reason; delicious, easy to make, and a crowd pleaser, cheesecake has a place in all of our hearts. Try experimenting with different biscuits for your base, add flavors to the cheese or even create a glaze to go on the top. The possibilities really are endless!
Soft cheeses like ricotta make delicious fritters. Combine it with orange and honey in this recipe to create a sweet treat. You can even keep the leftovers and serve them for breakfast!
3. Cake with Goat’s Cheese Frosting
You’ve tried cream cheese frosting on carrot cake, but you can take this to the next level with an apple cake and goat’s cheese frosting. Apple is often combined with cheese because it has just the right acidity and this cake is no exception. Try the recipe here.
4. Dessert Pizza
We love pizza and we love dessert, but have you combined the two?
Try topping puff pastry with a spreadable cheese like mascarpone and delicious fruits like peaches or raspberries. You could even whip up a pizza dough and top it with chocolate spread and marshmallows for a rocky road style dessert pizza. You can find more inspiration here.
5. Cookies and whoopie pies
Instead of sandwiching your cookies or whoopie pies with buttercream, try mascarpone or ricotta. This works especially well with caramel flavors. Trust us, you’ll be convinced!
6. Parmesan pound cake
Are you always on the hunt for a great pound cake recipe? This one is a little bit unusual, with the addition of parmesan, but you’re sure to have fun asking your friends to guess what the secret ingredient is.
7. Rhubarb and ricotta
You might usually think of turning rhubarb into a pie or a cobbler. Instead, simply stew it down and then serve it with a spoonful of ricotta on top. The creaminess of the cheese cuts through the tart fruit; it’s a perfect combination.
8. Strawberries and mozzarella
Fresh mozzarella pairs beautifully with the sweetness of strawberries. Stew the strawberries down and simply spoon them over mozzarella. You can add black pepper or basil to the dish, although you might find that this strays too far from the realms of dessert.
9. Apple Pies with Cheddar
Cheddar and apple is a well-known combination on a cheeseboard, but you can also use cheddar in your apple pies. There are several ways to add the cheese but our favorite is to mix some into the pastry and then grate some over the crust before it goes in the oven.
10. Dessert Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese can be sweet or savoury. Try brioche with brie and raspberry for a great dessert. Serve it up at a party to wow your guests!
We hope you’ve enjoyed our list of cheese desserts! Which would you try making? Let us know in the comments?
We’re always looking for new ways to serve cheeses. A cheeseboard is great, but sometimes you want a showstopping centerpiece to kick off a meal. Enter the baked cheese!
Read on to find out about how to bake three different cheeses and start your next dinner party (or just a fun night in) with a bang.
Camembert is a surface-ripened cow’s milk cheese. It’s soft and creamy, with a pungent aroma. You’ll normally buy it in a wooden box. Start by unwrapping the cheese and making sure that any stickers have been removed. Replace it in its box. Make several cuts in the top of the cheese and add some garlic cloves and rosemary. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is gooey.
All you need to serve this are some slices of good bread, but you could also serve breadsticks and crudités. Gather everyone around and dip into the cheese. Don’t worry about the mess; it’s all part of the fun!
Whilst you can serve raclette cheese at the table using a tabletop grill, you can also easily bake it in the oven. Simply put your cheese into a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and any flavorings that you want to add such as herbs, garlic or spices. Bake it at 400F for around 8 minutes or until it is golden and bubbling.
You can serve this right up at the table with bread, boiled potatoes, sliced veg, salads or seafood. You could even serve pasta or steak at the same time. Raclette will work well with almost anything that you can think of. Serve it with a fruity white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc to make a real dinner party impression.
You might not have thought to bake feta before, but it’s delicious!
Feta is a sheep’s milk cheese from Greece. It is submerged in brine with gives it a salty, tangy taste. One of the simplest ways to bake it is to place the whole block of feta on a baking sheet, drizzle over 1tbsp of olive oil and the juice of a lemon, along with 1 crushed garlic clove and 1tsp oregano. Grind some black pepper on the top and put it in the oven at 400F for 5 minutes. It will start to brown at the edges, but no more as then it will dry out.
You can serve this in the middle of the table with some bread or alongside a salad. It’s even great broken up and stirred into pasta. You can experiment with the herbs and spices you add – chili, oregano, thyme, and sumac all work fantastically, but you can find your favorites. Another great variation is to surround the feta with tomatoes so that they roast at the same time. Serve this with a salad and you’ve got a perfect lunch.
So, you now have three baked cheeses to try out. Let us know which ones you loved in the comments!
Today we’re sharing our favorite mac and cheese ideas. It’s one of the nation’s favorite foods, and for a good reason. Ooey, gooey cheese combined with delicious pasta make a comforting dish that can serve as an entree or a side.
As cheese lovers, we certainly know our way around mac and cheese. Read on to find out our top ideas for making it extra special.
1. Combine cheeses
You probably always use the same cheese when you make mac and cheese. Try something different to add new flavors and even more cheesiness. Some of our favorites to add are gruyere, for added nutty flavor, and mozzarella, for that extra melty goodness. You could also try bacon cheese or some of our spicy cheeses like hot habanero cheddar.
2. Add a topping
You might always sprinkle cheese on top, for those cripsy melted edges, but there are other ways to top your mac and cheese. Breadcrumbs, or even crushed up chips, can add another dimension to the dish. Crumbled up bacon will add saltiness and crunch. Toasted pumpkin seeds add a smoky element. Sliced chives or green onions will give your dish freshness. You can be creative with your toppings and find your family’s favorites.
3. Extra ingredients
You might have seen restaurants serving lobster or truffle mac and cheese. These are certainly decadent treats, but you don’t have to splash out to improve your mac and cheese at home. If you want to get more vegetables into your diet, try adding steamed asparagus, roasted squash or pumpkin, spinach or leafy greens. You can even stir pureed cauliflower or broccoli through your sauce to pack in some extra nutrients.
Seafood can work well, but it doesn’t have to be lobster. Crab meat and prawns are excellent stirred into a mac and cheese, but you could also add mussels on top.
Bacon, sausages, chorizo, bologna, and ham can add flavor and texture. You could even add chicken for more protein.
Spices are great for changing the flavor of your mac and cheese. Chilli and herbs are the classics, but horseradish can give it a great kick. You could even stir some pesto in for that Italian flavor!
4. Use sauces and condiments
Hot sauce, BBQ sauce, pickles and ketchup are all great toppings for your mac and cheese. Load up the table with different sauces and everyone can personalize their dish to their taste.
5. Really make the effort with the sauce
You might have never made a cheese sauce before, but it couldn’t be more simple. Trust us! All you’ll need is butter, flour, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Once you’ve made a sauce from scratch you won’t go back, and everyone will be clamoring for your recipe.
So, there you have it. Five ways to make your mac and cheese truly sensational. Which one will you try? How do you like to make mac and cheese? Let us know in the comments!
If you’re anything like us here at Shisler’s Cheese House, you love entertaining. We’re always looking for great new ways to share food and fun with our friends and family.
If you haven’t had a Raclette dinner party yet, then today we’re here to tell you why this might be your next big hit.
What is Raclette?
Raclette (ra-klet) is a semi-firm, salted cheese made from cow’s milk. It originated in the Swiss canton of Valais, but is today also produced in the French regions of Savoie and Franche-Comté.
The term raclette derives from the French racler, meaning “to scrape”. Raclette cheese is heated, either in front of a fire or by a special machine, then scraped onto diners’ plates.
What is the history of Raclette?
Raclette is mentioned in medieval writings and was then known in the German-speaking part of Switzerland as Bratchäs, or “roasted cheese.” Traditionally, the Swiss cow herders used to take the cheese with them into the mountains. They would cook it by the campfire and scrape it onto bread.
How can we enjoy it at a dinner party?
These days, you don’t have to go into the mountains or start an open fire to enjoy Raclette around the dinner table. Electric table-top grills with small pans make the job of melting the cheese easy and fun. Each guest fills their small pan, known as a coupelles, with cheese and melts it before adding it to their plate.
What should it be served with?
This is where you can let your imagination run wild! Anything that you think might be delicious with cheese could be tried, but there are some classics that are essential for a Raclette party:
- Small boiled potatoes
- Sliced vegetables including carrots, peppers, celery, mushrooms and any other favourites
- Sliced fresh bread
- Meats or seafood
Whilst the cheese is melting in the coupelles, guests can cook their meat or seafood to their liking on the top of the grill. They can even throw the vegetables on to cook them slightly or crisp the potatoes up. The beauty of this is that everyone can select what they would like to eat and how they would like to eat it.
You can also serve apple slices, to cut through the sweetness, and other treats that you might usually serve with cheese.
Could I serve other cheeses?
What drinks should I serve with Raclette?
A white wine is a great choice to pair with Raclette. A Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling or Pinot Grigio would all work well. You could also serve a light wheat ale or a fruity Pinot Noir for red wine lovers.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab some supplies and you could be hosting the dinner party that will have all your friends hoping for a second invite!
How do you serve your Raclette? What are your top dinner party tips? Let us know in the comments!
It’s one of the nation’s favorites: the grilled cheese.
If you’re anything like us, you’ve tried a lot of grilled cheeses. You’ve probably already decided whether you like to butter your bread on both sides (we’re firmly in the yes camp!). You might have found your favorite cheese or chosen the ultimate bread. Well today, we’re going to show you how to take your grilled cheese to the next level with some clever additions and changes.
1. Add fruit
We absolutely love a sweet and savory combo! Adding fruit to your grilled cheese is an incredible way to add sweetness. You might want to choose a cheese based on the fruit that you’re going to use. Blueberries with mascarpone, peaches with gouda, apple butter with pepper jack, and strawberries with mozzarella are all great combinations. You could even create a Hawaiian pizza inspired grilled cheese with ham and pineapple.
2. Go for different bread
You might have found your favorite loaf, but that doesn’t mean you need to always reach for it. Have you tried brioche bread for your grilled cheese? It gets an incredible caramelization from its high sugar content. You could also try bagels! Even croissants work really well. Donuts and pound cake are an extra decadent addition to a sweet grilled cheese. Trust us, get creative and try a different bread for your grilled cheese this week.
3. Add pickles and relishes
Some of you will be purists who want the cheesiest grilled cheese that they can find, but we’re pretty partial to a good pickle in our sandwiches. It cuts through the richness and will pack a flavour punch at the same time. A spoonful of mustard can also work wonders with the right cheese.
4. Top it with a fried egg
Whether you like yours over easy or sunny side up, you won’t be sorry that you topped your grilled cheese with a fried egg. It does mean that you’ll have to use a knife and fork to dig in, rather than picking it up, but that’s a small sacrifice to make for the perfect combination of bread, melted cheese, and oozing egg yolks.
5. Go wild
We know that there’s a combination that you’ve dreamed of but haven’t dared to try. Now is the time! You want a mac and grilled cheese? You got it! Want to put crushed up pretzels inside? It sounds like a great idea! You want to grill chocolate and cheese between slices of cake? Go for it!
However you make your grilled cheese, we want you to love it. Pop into Shisler’s Cheese House to pick up your favorite cheeses and condiments.
Tell us about your grilled cheese inspiration in the comments!
As regular readers will know, we’re huge fans of sharing fantastic cheese recipes with you.
If you’re needing some fresh to pep up your January, there’s nothing better than our homemade mozzarella. It’s ready in just 30 minutes and you can make it at home. Even better, once you’ve made some delicious mozzarella, you get to eat it!
Mozzarella is a semi-soft cheese. Due to its high moisture content, it is traditionally served the day after it is made, but can be kept in brine for up to a week in the fridge.
Derived from the Neapolitan dialect spoken in Campania, mozzarella is the diminutive form of mozza (“cut”) or mozzare (“to cut off”) derived from the method of working. The term is first mentioned in 1570, cited in a cookbook by Bartolomeo Scappi, reading “milk cream, fresh butter, ricotta cheese, fresh Mozzarella, and milk”.
You probably already have some favorite mozzarella recipes, but we hope our ideas will inspire you to make some cheese today.
1. On a pizza
We know this isn’t a new idea, but if you’ve never made pizza at home then now is definitely the time to give it a go. Pizza dough is really easy to make and if you get yourself a pizza stone you will be able to enjoy the crispy base you love without even leaving the house.
You only need a little mozzarella, to stop the dough from becoming soggy, and then you add your favorite toppings. You could even put some mozzarella on the edges of the pizza and roll over the dough to make your own stuffed crust. Invite your friends over for a pizza party and they’re sure to marvel at your homemade cheese.
2. In a fruity salad
Whilst you might always think of having mozzarella in a Caprese salad with tomatoes, its creaminess is the perfect accompaniment to a salad with fruits.
Combine mozzarella with figs and green beans, oranges and arugula, or peaches and basil for a great pick-me-up salad. All of these will go perfectly with ham or bacon. Get creative and try your own combinations, too.
3. In a burger
No, we don’t mean in a bun with your burger, we actually mean in a burger. This is another recipe to try at home if you’ve never had a go before. Patties can be made simply out of ground beef, bread crumbs, an egg and salt and pepper. But next time you make them, roll a small piece of mozzarella into the middle. When they cook, the cheese will melt inside and will ooze deliciousness with every bite.
Make sure to fill your bun with your favorite salad and relishes for real perfection.
If you’re looking for a wine pairing for mozzarella, a fruity Sauvignon Blanc will work perfectly with the mild freshness of the cheese. If you prefer red wine, the cherry flavors of Sangiovese or Chianti would work well.
Let us know what you make in the comments! We’d love to hear your ideas for using mozzarella.