- No products in the cart.
We know that our customers love cheese! We’re always looking for new ways for you to serve it, but we also know that creating a cheeseboard is a real joy. You can serve a cheeseboard as a fun appetizer or instead of dessert. It’s quick to prepare and you can even ask your guests to bring along a favorite cheese!
There are so many ways to make your cheeseboards unique and impress at any dinner party. The huge variety of crackers, fruit, chips or nuts that you can serve makes this a great dish to help you stand out.
Today we’re sharing some ideas for pickles which can be made to accompany your cheeseboard. Some take longer than others, but they are all delicious additions to your table.
1. Same day pickles
Throwing a last minute dinner party? These pickles can be rustled up in no time and are sure to wow your guests.
They are best eaten on the day that they are made.
You will need:
1 large cucumber
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1 tbsp white sugar
A handful of dill leaves
- Cut the cucumber into long thin ribbons. This is easily done with a potato peeler or you could use a spiralizer.
- Cover the cucumber with salt for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze as much moisture as you can out of the cucumber using a paper towel
- Mix the other ingredients together in a bowl
- Add the cucumber
- Leave it to infuse for as long as you can, but they will be delicious straight away!
2. Pickled grapes
You’re used to serving grapes on your cheeseboard, but you probably haven’t tried pickling them. You need to make these a few days before eating, and they should keep in the fridge for a week*.
You will need:
1 bunch seedless grapes, removed from their stems and cut in half
1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
10 whole cloves
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, spices, and cloves together in a saucepan
- Bring to the boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the grapes.
- Pour the grapes and vinegar into a sterilized jar. Leave the lid off until they have cooled.
- Once cooled, place a lid on the jar and refrigerate.
3. Shisler’s Private Label
Sometimes you just don’t have time to make pickles. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with our delicious private label pickles. We’re sure you’ll find some that will complement your cheeseboard amongst our selection. Choose from:
So, there you have it. Three ways to add perfect pickles to your cheeseboard. Eat them with aged cheddar for a great, tangy combination.
What are your favorite pickles? Do you have a fabulous go-to recipe? Let us know in the comments!
*Always check pickles that you have kept before eating them to make sure that they are still safe to eat.