Learn how to make an easy vegetable nacho recipe that’s a real crowd-pleaser. Perfect for your next game day or party snack!
Which Are These Best Cheeses To Use For A Loaded Nachos Recipe?
Nachos are a classic and beloved Mexican dish that can be made with various cheese types.
However, some cheeses work better than others for creating the perfect flavor and texture in your nachos. We absolutely recommend a combination of our oozy Pepper Jack Cheese and sharp Garlic Cheddar. This is a winning combination for your loaded nachos recipe, but check out these other great options, too.
- Pepper Jack Cheese: Pepper Jack Cheese adds spicy peppers to the buttery semi-firm cheese called Monterey Jack. It is an excellent choice for those who want a little kick in their nachos. Pepper Jack cheese is also great for adding some color to your nachos with its signature speckles.
- Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar is a hard cheese that is aged for a longer period of time, giving it a strong and sharp flavor. It is an excellent cheese for nachos because it adds a bold and tangy taste that complements the other ingredients. Sharp cheddar also has a firm texture that holds up well on top of the tortilla chips, giving your nachos a satisfying crunch. This Garlic Cheddar in our range is absolutely perfect for your loaded nachos.
- Monterey Jack Cheese: Monterey Jack is a semi-soft, mild cheese that melts smoothly and has a buttery flavor. It is a perfect cheese for nachos because it does not overpower the other flavors of the toppings, and it melts evenly to create a gooey layer over the tortilla chips. Monterey Jack is also great for adding a creamy texture to your nachos.
- Queso Blanco Cheese: Queso Blanco is a white cheese with a mild flavor and crumbly texture. It is a popular cheese used in Mexican cuisine and is a great option for nachos. Queso Blanco melts smoothly and adds a creamy and tangy taste to your nachos. It is also a good option for those who want to keep their nachos milder.
How To Make An Amazing Loaded Nachos Recipe
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 1 cup of Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of Garlic Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream and guacamole for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spread the tortilla chips on a large baking sheet or oven-safe platter.
- In a medium bowl, toss the black beans, jalapeño, red onion, and corn with the olive oil and taco seasoning.
- Sprinkle the bean mixture over the tortilla chips, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded Pepper Jack and cheddar cheese on top of the bean mixture.
- Bake the nachos in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and sprinkle the diced tomatoes, black olives, and chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve the loaded nachos hot, with sour cream and guacamole on the side if desired.
Wrapping it up
A good batch of loaded nachos recipe must be crowned with layers of oozy, cheesy goodness. We have an incredible range to browse through, so check out our Cheese Products Page.
This easy 3-step homemade cheese pizza recipe is the perfect crowd-pleaser and will soon become a firm favorite in your home.
In this article, we share the elements that go into making a great homemade cheese pizza, the ingredients and steps to making one, and then a few ideas for toppings, should you want to elevate your pizza to Gourmet status!
If you’re into homemade cheesy recipes, take a look at our post about The Best Grilled Cheese Recipe.
What goes into a homemade cheese pizza?
There are 5 key components that you’ll need to make a homemade cheese pizza:
- Dough: A good pizza starts with a good dough. The dough should be light and airy with a crispy crust that is neither too thick nor too thin. The dough should be allowed to rise correctly in the refrigerator or at room temperature to achieve the perfect texture.
- Sauce: The tomato sauce is a critical component of the pizza, and choosing a high-quality tomato sauce with a balanced flavor is essential. The sauce should not be too sweet or acidic and should be applied sparingly to avoid making the pizza soggy.
- Cheese: Cheese is perhaps the most important ingredient in a cheese pizza. Mozzarella is the classic choice for pizza, but other cheeses, such as Cheddar or Provolone, can also be used. The cheese should be grated fresh and spread evenly over the pizza to ensure every bite has a cheesy goodness.
- Toppings: Toppings are a matter of personal preference, but the key is to use fresh, high-quality ingredients.
- Seasonings: A great homemade cheese pizza is incomplete without some seasonings to enhance the flavors. A drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt, and a dash of dried oregano or basil can add delicious flavor to your pizza.
How to make homemade cheese pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness and shape on a lightly floured surface. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving about 1/2 inch of space around the edges; sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce, and then sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza, and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake the pizza in the preheated oven (450°F (230°C) for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Topping ideas for homemade cheese pizza
If you want to use your cheese pizza as a foundation, here are a few ideas for additional toppings:
- Caramelized onions, our Sweet Fire Goat Cheese, pistachios, and arugula
- Glacier Wildfire Blue Cheese, Streb Meats Fresh Cut Smoked Bacon, and torn fresh basil
- Parmesan, roasted red bell peppers, and anchovies
- Artichokes, roasted oyster mushrooms, and Gruyere
Wrapping it up
We hope this post inspires you to make your own homemade cheese pizza! All the cheeses mentioned in this post are available on our Cheese Products Page.